Inspired by the Mighty Boosh episode, Nanageddon, some friends and I endeavored to create a sound system using a “nana trolly” as the base. Combining the forces of cheap electronics from ebay, a dollar shop trolly, and some ingenuity, we succeeded in building what is still my favorite project.
Nanageddon consists of the following components:
- A nanabin, with a rocking red tartan
- A small 12AH battery used for wheelchairs
- A 12” subwoofer from Jaycar
- A bluetooth head unit from eBay
- Two 5 1/4” speakers
- Two plastic containers to contain the air from the 5 1/4”s
- Wire, spit, and hot glue
Some (crappy cell phone) photos from the build:
Measure twice, cut once.
Getting the components working together on the bench
The box a bit before we sealed it up. You can see the speakers, head unit, and port holes